Click a specific country to learn more about the individual members, and their involvement in epigenetics research.
IHEC brings together funding agencies and research teams from around the globe. Several countries are committing significant resources to contribute reference epigenomes to meet IHEC goals. In principle, there are two options for joining IHEC: as full or associate member.
Additionally, IHEC is engaged with a number of countries through strategic partnerships, to ensure close alignment and coordination of activities.
IHEC Full Members
- CANADA: Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Canadian Epigenetics, Environment and Health Research Consortium (CEEHRC) Network
- EUROPEAN UNION: European Commission (EC), BLUEPRINT Project, SYSCID Project, MultipleMS Project
- GERMANY: Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Project Management Agency within the German Aerospace Center (PT-DLR), DEEP Project
- HONG KONG: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong Epigenomics Project
- JAPAN: Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED), CREST Program
- SINGAPORE: The Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), Singapore Epigenome Project
- SOUTH KOREA: National Institute of Health, Metabolic Epigenome Project
- USA: National Institutes of Health (NIH), Roadmap Epigenomics Program
- USA: National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), ENCODE Project (ENCyclopedia Of DNA Elements)
- USA: National Institutes of Health (NIH), 4D Nucleome Program
IHEC Associate Members
- CANADA: University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Perkins Laboratory
- NEW ZEALAND: University of Otago, Dunedin School of Medicine, Chatterjee Laboratory
- USA: Emory University School of Medicine, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, Boston University School of Medicine and Framingham Heart Study, Epigenetics of Aging and Disease
- USA: DNA Zoo, Center for Genome Architecture, Baylor College of Medicine, Aiden Lab
Countries and agencies supportive of IHEC goals
- AUSTRALIA: National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- FRANCE: National Agency of Research (ANR)
- ITALY: European Institute of Oncology, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, Italian Institute of Technology, Center for Genomic Science, IEO, IFOM, IIT
- UNITED KINGDOM: UK Funders Alliance: Medical Research Council, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, Cancer Research UK, and Wellcome Trust