Click a specific country to learn more about the individual members, and their involvement in epigenetics research.
Currently there are seven funding agency members in IHEC that have each agreed to invest at least $10 million (USD) total in IHEC-aligned epigenome mapping activities. Our IHEC Full Member agencies include:
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research, CIHR (Canada)
- European Commission (EU)
- European Institute of Oncology, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, Italian Institute of Technology, Center for Genomic Science, IEO, IFOM, IIT (Italy)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Project Management Agency within the German Aerospace Center, (PT-DLR)
- Japan Science and Technology Agency, JST (Japan)
- National Institute of Health, Korea (South Korea)
- NIH Roadmap Epigenomics Program, NIH (USA)
Additionally there are currently three IHEC Member Observers that are considering the possibility of joining IHEC as full or associate members. While the Member Observers of IHEC have not committed financial resources at this moment, they have contributed a great deal of time and expertise, and we look forward to their continuing involvement in assisting IHEC reach its goals.
- National Agency of Research (France)
- UK Funders Alliance: Medical Research Council, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, Cancer Research UK, and Wellcome Trust (UK)
- National Health and Medical Research Council, NHMRC (Australia)